Counselling and Psychotherapy with Rob Francis MBACP
Are you going through a time of unexpected or significant change? Big life changes are often unplanned or unexpected. For example the death of someone we love; illness, accident or disability; a traumatic event; relationship breakdown; redundancy. Would you like support to deal with the emotional, mental and physical impact and consequences?
Or do you want to make changes to your life but are unsure how to begin? Are you feeling stuck in some way?
If there’s one thing that’s certain in life, it’s change. Counselling and psychotherapy can offer you a confidential space to explore a specific change you’re facing, along with your attitudes to change and how you can form a more satisfying response that’s right for you.
I can work with you:
- To deal with the emotional, mental and physical impact of external change
- To support you in exploring possibilities, choices and changes you might make
- To navigate and manage yourself through the process of internal and external change
Whatever stage of life we find ourselves and whatever we’re facing, I believe our experience is an ongoing process with which we can meaningfully engage.
If you would like support with making or managing any kind of personal change, please contact me to make an initial appointment to explore this further.
Areas I work with:
- Addiction and Obsessive Behaviour
- Anger Management
- Anxiety and Panic
- Bereavement and Grief
- Change and Transitions
- Family Issues
- Gender and Sexual Diversity
- Relationship Issues
- Sexual or Physical Abuse in Childhood
- Sexuality and Sexual Issues
- Spirituality, Faith & Meaning
My Training and professional qualifications
I have trained at Spectrum, the London humanistic psychotherapy centre, completing their comprehensive training over six years. The courses and qualifications include:
- Spectrum One Year Course in Psychotherapy
- Spectrum Postgraduate Certificate in Psychotherapy
- Oxford, Cambridge and RSA Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Basic, Intermediate and Advanced Sexuality
- Childhood Sexual Abuse: Occurrence and Prevention
- Developing Clinical Skills
- Working with Anger
- Reparenting Intensive
I'm committed to my professional development and am in supervision with a UKCP-accredited supervisor. I'm a registered member of the BACP, and abide by their Ethical Framework.
I’m listed on the Pink Therapy gender and sexual diversity therapist register.
I have availability at Barnsbury Therapy rooms on Tuesday evenings.
I work with individuals and my rate is £60 per 50 minute session.